Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Gailie's Dayoff Series: Boracay

Aside from swimming, there are a lot of things one can do in Boracay. Some of the things, I tried when I went there.

1. Food trip

Rumor has it that these are the best in town. Let's try and taste it.

Best Shake: Jonah's - I had Mango Rum. It tastes good but there was too much rum on it that it overpowers the taste of mango. My sister tried strawberry and it taste good.


Best Pizza: Aria - Its an Italian restaurant, its a bit pricey but this dish pizza is a winner.



Loco Frio - frozen cocktails. i love the bubble gum flavor with a shot of vodka. I had 2 rounds of those. I can't get enough.





2. Catch the fire dancers perform

I was in awe when I saw them. They were really good. When we had a chance to have a picture taken with the fire dancers, I can feel the heat coming from the rotating fire ball. 


                               





3. Seek Adventure

Adventure you say?! Well, Boracay has lots of it.

a. parasailing - it may seem daunting at first, but once you' re up... whoa! it has a calming effect. Everything is so serene up there. It gives you a 360degrees view of the whole island. 



b. zorbing - i thought i may get dizzy after trying this but no it happened so fast you won't have time to get dizzy. wahaha! imagine yourself inside a washing machine, spinning round and round but this time on a hill. we were tossed in every direction.



c. sea walking - the idea of walking of scared me at first. you just have to listen to the instructors direction about breathing and 'equalizing' you'll be fine!


d. fly fish - cling for your life, wahaha! just kidding.
                                            

4. Sand Sculpture  - Boracay is known for its famous fine white sand. What better thing to do than build castles and try your hand at sand sculpture. 




5. Explore

There are a lot of activities going on especially at night. Party people go bar hopping, drinking and dancing all night. Not my type of scene, while others dance the night away, I'd rather have my quiet walks by the beach and admire the sky. If its not your cup of tea either, there are coffee shops abound and diners where local bands play. You have many choices or maybe do it all if you have the time.


This was my second time to visit this piece of paradise called Boracay and I never get tired. There's something about this place that makes me want to go back for more. Now, I understand why my cousin goes back every year to this place (told you, being a wanderlust runs in our veins). Be sure to try out some of these activities. Enjoy the sun, sea and sand. See you in Boracay.



 

No comments: