Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2013 hits and misses

I never believed the superstition that #13 is unlucky but I must say lady luck was tough on me last 2013. I was struggling to find a job, had a hard time adjusting to the terrible weather and adapting to my new environment. Nevertheless, I still have a lot of things to be thankful for. Here are some of my Hits and Misses last year. 

HITS
*work - After applying in more than 35 companies, I finally got a call and successfully landed on the job that I like.

*travels - I was able to get some time off from work. Wasted no to time to book my ticket and fly to different cities in Ontario; Montreal and of course explore my own province and nearby towns.
Downtown Winnipeg
Niagara, Kenora, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto

*friends - I'm really blessed to have friends that value our friendship despite the distance and time. I may not get to see them but talking to them in a daily basis makes life and living here tolerable. Yay to all my friends! 
meeting in person; chat thru skype, viber and fb
MISSES


*blog - Wrote just a single  entry for 2013. I have a lot of things to say, stories to tell, memories to share and lessons to impart but I was lazy. There were some instances that I started writing but I didn't finish it and it just here in my drafts folder waiting to be published.  Hopefully, this 2014 I can write again. I miss writing; this has been my outlet and lately I am feeling crappy, so maybe I should get back to writing again. 

*death - death was so busy last year, everyone I know has lost someone dear to them. I for one, lost my Nanay (grandma) last year. It was the hardest goodbye I have ever made in my life. 

*snow - i like it here, its just that I can't stand the cold and snow. its a struggle to go to work let alone go outside the house in -40C temperature. And having snow for almost 6 months is pure torture. 

*photo taken from instagram*

So here's to a better year! Cheers 2014! The best is yet to come! 


2 comments:

rudianto said...

it'nice...very goods

rudianto said...

it'nice...very goods