Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

iron ladies

October is a festive month for the Hype clan. 5 family members are celebrating their birthdays. This post are dedicated to my fellow October celebrants!


RICCI
18 Oct 1979
my ever hardworking cousin. we practically grew up together, our aunts would dress us up as if we were twins. we had identical clothes...from head bands down to our shoes.


currently, she's finishing med school. it's tough studying in med school and knowing all your contemporaries are now established physical therapy practitioners. i know it's hard for you to continue studying when you should have stopped and concentrated in physical therapy. but i know you better, you wouldn't stop till you achieve your dream. so strive and you'll get your rewards soon. a year or two from now, i'll be calling you Dr. Ricci!


NANAY
26 Oct 1922

Nanay is my grandmother but for me she is my 2nd mother! She took care of me when I was growing up. For 2 years I stayed with her, I was just 4 yrs old then, I would sleep beside her and Nanay would always tell me stories before bedtime. She was my savior, my refuge and my strength. Thank you for the love you have given me. Nanay, I really admire you for your strength, for raising 6 children (and sending them to fine schools and have them finish college) all on your own eversince Tatay passed away.


I miss you everyday, Nanay. sorry, if I wasn't able to get in touch often and I'm not there to take care of you. hopefully, I can visit you next year. Wait for me,okay?! You'll always be in my prayer. God bless you always and make you stronger for the years to come.


MARELA
29 Oct 1958


my look-alike, when i reached my 50's I know what I would like. When I told my friends that she was my 'real' mother, they almost believed! nope, she's not my mother. She's my aunt, my father's sister.


She's really a strong person. Someday,i hope i'll be as strong as you. currently, she's battling the big C and she's putting up one hell of a fight. And I know, she can surpass all of this. Hoping to visit you in Alaska next year!


GINGER
30 Oct 1988

The youngest among the girls (cousins), a college freshman. It's a tough world out there and I know you can make it! It's a tough ride for you moving f rom Q.C. to New Jersey when you're still young and establishing friendships here and adjusting to a new place and culture. And when you feel right at home in NJ, you have to move to Alaska and start adjusting all over again.

I imagine, you being the only girl in your family, Aunt Marela relies on you alot. So hang in there, everything will be alright. In these trying times, God's faithfulness will never fail you.

Again, Happy Birthday to all of us! May God always bless us and guide in our path. I love you all!
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them, for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you. (Deut. 31:6)

No comments: