Pages

Monday, October 15, 2007

the makings of a wanderlust


wan·der·lust (wŏn'dər-lŭst')


n. A very strong or irresistible impulse to travel


German : wandern, to wander (from Middle High German) + Lust, desire (from Middle High German, from Old High German; see las- in Indo-European roots).]



Wanderlust, that's me! That's how my friends describe me. Sometimes I wonder was I born this way? Does it run in the family? Or environment taught me to be a wanderlust? I guess a lil' bit of all.


Born and grew up in Metro Manila, transferred to Visayas for my primary education, half of my elementary years were spent up north in Tuguegarao, Cagayan then we went back to Metro Manila to continue my education. Not until early 2006, that I left the Metro to go Pampanga because of my work... and as they say the rest is history.

During childhood days, I was this 'cute adorable kid' that some of our neighbors would 'borrow' me. And my parents gladly 'lends' me to them because at that time we don't have a nanny to look over me. I would go to different places, malls, churches, markets, school grounds, almost anywhere. Maybe, this somewhat influence me to explore and travel.

Does it run in the family?! I really think so too! On my mother's side, my grandma and grandpa came from Pampanga and Nueva Ecija. When they got married, they settled further up north, in Isabela, Cagayan. And then moved again to the city (Tuguegarao) permanently.

On my father's side, my aunt, her eldest sister was also a wanderlust! hmmm... my given name was taken my from aunts'. Is that coincidence or what?! My grandma and my aunt together travelled the world, from Asia to Australia to Europe. Wish I can visit also those places too. *wink*

So maybe, I was really born to be a wanderlust. That I inherited the "wanderlust DNA" from both paternal and maternal sides. Or perhaps, environment played a factor too; people influenced me to wander about. Or maybe just maybe, this curious streak inside me drives me to explore and discover the world.

Whatever it is, I'm currently planning my next adventure trip!

I'll never stop being a wanderlust.  See yah!



No comments: