Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

hello there, stranger!

Read about this quote from somewhere, "When we were little kids, our parents would always remind us not to talk to strangers. Good thing we don't totally listen because if we did, we could never find our dear friends. 'Cos truly, EVERY FRIEND WAS ONCE A STRANGER."    
       
2nd quarter 2011

One day, on my way to work a guy saw me leaving the apartment. He asked me, you're from AK right? I said, yes. Then, he said he's from 5J. We chatted for awhile before he bade goodbye... that was Sky.

***

September 2011

Almost every night when I get home I see this guy standing by the door across our unit. He greets and smiles at us but we never get pass the Hi's and Hello's cos Mimi and I immediately goes inside the house and shuts the door close... that friendly cheerful guy was Nino.


***
November 2011

It was a boring night, I thought of calling Cla to have a chat. It was difficult to get through so I went out to the doorway to get a better connection.  Sitting by the door across ours was Nino, he greeted me and asked about work. Found out that we had worked under the same airline way back 2003, and had common friends. We didn't notice that how many hours had passed till my knees hurt for standing for too long. He excused himself for moment and went back with 4 bottles of iced tea and gave it to me. I called Mimi and informed her about our new found neighbor friend. Mimi graciously invited her to our house and we continued chatting till the wee hours. As Nino would say to us teasing, he had us by 4 bottles of iced tea. And we admit, that was our weakness.

Since that night, Nino was a common sight at our house. And every night was fun night with Nino and Sky. 

Monday


Tuesday



Wednesday

Thursday























Friday


Saturday


















Sunday




















***
January 2012

The news was so sudden, Nino and Sky will be stationed in Manila starting February which means that they'll be leaving the apartment. No more fun nights. *boo* 

On his last day, I helped Nino packed his things. He hugged me tightly as we bade goodbye and promised that we'll see each other again soon. I felt sad. Soon after he left, he called me. haha! I guess we both missed each other. 

Never had a chance to see Sky left but he said we'll definitely meet up when I'm in Manila. 

***

Who would have thought that these 2 guys would turn out to be one of our friends. We started as out strangers in one apartment complex and ended up being our close friends. Oh well, that's life one big surprise... that you'll never know who you'll meet and end up having a blast. 



No comments: